Cabot Square _Montreal
City of Montreal, Ville-Marie Borough
Environmental and sustainable benefits
- Sustainable stormwater management
- Heat island mitigation
- Health and well-being
Set in downtown Montreal, this square was home to a disturbing night crowd. The square has been renovated to be more attractive for the increasing new residents of the neighborhood.
A precise redesign process was done in an effort to keep the spirit of the place and protect the existing vegetation. The surface layout allow efficient walkways and snow plowing, safer spaces and the integration of on-site activities.
- Project pre-analysis and concept for an urban square
- Protection of existing trees
- Urban resistant plantings
- Innovative construction techniques