Plage de l'Est Design competition _Montreal - Finalist project, landscape architecture
City of Montreal, Rivière-des-Prairies-Pointes-aux-Trembles Borough
- JPB architects
Finalist project, landscape architecture
Environmental and sustainable benefits
- Protection of natural habitats
- Sustainable stormwater management
- Creating ecosystems and green corridors
- Increased biodiversity
- Increased biomass
- Heat island mitigation
- Social responsibility
- Health and well-being
- Lower infrastructure costs
- Lower maintenance costs
- Quicker approvals time for permits (MELCC, etc.)
Our three-step proposal seeks the revelation of the sense of place, the creation of natural areas for exploration and implementation of a civic place for the community. The project offers a privileged contact with the river and its wildlife to families and visitors.
Playing with the rising of senses throughout the connection of waterfront ecosystems, activity nodes and vernacular iconography, Plage de l’Est takes shape and opens up to the local community.
The project is therefore a site based on human scale, stimulating and accessible, where nature takes center stage, where a unique and sustainable landscape is created.
It’s a lot more fun to play with bugs and stones than in those modules… let’s go to the beach !!!
- Gathering place for the community
- Ecological stormwater management
- Waterfront restoration
- LCreation of urban ecosystem
- Playground in a natural setting