Frontenac Provincial Park _Sepaq
SEPAQ (Quebec Society of Nature and Great Outdoors Sites)
Environmental and sustainable benefits
- Protection of natural habitats
- Sustainable stormwater management
- Increased biomass
- Heat island mitigation
- Sustainable materials
- Health and well-being
- Lower infrastructure costs
- Lower maintenance costs
Our mandate was to develop a concept plan for the layout and implantation of entrances structures, building, roads, parking and drop-off areas. We also had validate the site capacity so it responds to the public’s interest for the park while protecting the natural habitat and nearby lake.
Following the Integrated Visits principles determined by SEPAQ, the concept allows for sensitisation and education on sustainable stormwater management and treatment by the creation of rain garden and bioswales exposing the technical process.
- Alternative solutions to gray and brown water treatment
- Demonstration gardens for sustainable stormwater management
- Shoreline planting and stabilisation