Old Mill Park _Montreal - Award of Excellence of the Canadian Society of Landscape Architects (CSLA)
City of Montreal, Rivière-des-Prairies – Pointe-aux-Trembles Borough
Awards & mentions
Award of Excellence of the Canadian Society of Landscape Architects (CSLA
Environmental and sustainable benefits
- Protection of natural habitats
- Increased biomass
- Improvement of living environment
- Lower maintenance costs
- Quicker approvals time for permits (MELCC, etc.)
Our design approach focused on the link between the windmill and the St. Lawrence River, the two landmarks of this site. The project let those strong visual elements speak for themselves, therefore the design, planting, topography and paths are laid out in a subtle way simply to give greater exposure to the site’s beauty.
The paths lead visitors around the windmill, to the interpretation pavilion and finally to the lookout terraces set upon the river.
- Team coordination (archeology, architecture, museology and environment))
- Contemporary approach respecting the site’s heritage
- Custom furniture, signalisation and interpretation elements