Agenda 21 _Lake Superior - Award of excellence of the Canadian Society of Landscape Architects (CSLA)
Municipality of Lake Superior
Awards & mentions
- Award of excellence of the Canadian Society of Landscape Architects (CSLA)
Environmental and sustainable benefits
- Protection of natural habitats
- Creation of ecosystems and green corridors
- Social responsibility
- Health and well-being
To promote its regional positioning and plan its future development, Lake Superior Municipality has mandated us to define a strategic plan of sustainable development. Through an 18-month process, concerns about the landscape quality, the preservation of natural environments and the extensive outdoor activities clearly emerged.
The high interest for activities in a natural context is the main guide line leading the community development for the next 25 years. Several actions, applicable in the short and mid-term, have been proposed to initiate the project and ensure its sustainability.
- Sustainable Development Plan with clear objectives
- Applicable action plan defined with the community
- Identification of project managers
- Implementation planning and schedule